No one is required to forgive you if you fuck up. No one is required to accept your apology. You make an apology to accept your wrongdoing, that you understand it and to announce a responsibility to improve. Not to solicit forgiveness. If forgiveness is given, great, but no one is obligated to forgive. Ever.
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.
Just. Dont ever tell a child that she will change her mind if she says she doesn’t want children. If she says she doesn’t want children, and if you say she will change her mind in the future, not only are you invalidating her opinion but you are also making her feel like her opinion doesn’t matter and that she is a tool to create children regardless of how she feels about it. If you don’t think thats fucked up dont talk to me.
Don’t ever tell a child this regardless of whether they’re a ‘she’ or not.
I feel the need to say I enjoyed Frozen when it came out, but that the Book of Life is really illustrative of how two (or more) main characters should be handled.
The story left time for Maria, Manolo, and Joaquin and each of their personal back stories, struggles, and emotions, yet it gave us a central character (Manolo) to emote with and root on. That made it a cohesive story line with three mains, all without sacrificing the structural integrity of the story.